POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : optic guide. : Re: optic guide. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:26:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: optic guide.
From: Alain
Date: 9 Jun 2007 23:01:42
Message: <466b6996$1@news.povray.org>
TP Electronics nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/06/09 07:57:
> I want to desing a optic guide for en LED.
> It is possible to simulated this with povray?
> I can not see where I can change specification of material to define the
> guide.
> I am play with led source but not manage to make a led with 10degres angle.
> Best regard
> Thierry

My gues would be to use photons.
Add the folowing to your light guide deffinition:
photons{target refraction on reflection on collect off}
(this can be added in a material{...} block)
and the following to your #global_settings{...} block:
photons{count 100000} OR photons{spacing 0.01}

Photons are a form of "forward" tracing where you start from the light_source,
go toward selected objects marked with a target atribute, then to other object
or the camera.
A ray tracer normaly use backward ray tracing where you start from the camera to
the object and test with light_source to know the illumination.

--
Alain
My toes were playing the piano under the blankets.